TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
About this Exam
This Technology Specialist (TS) exam, Exam 83-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring, became available in November 2008. This exam maps to the same objectives as 70-640, but this version (where available) contains a Performance Based component in addition to the standard exam item types. This exam is available in English only.
The Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) on Windows Server 2008 credential is intended for IT professionals who work in the complex computing environment of medium-sized to large companies. The MCTS candidate should have a minimum of one year of experience implementing and administering a network operating system in an environment that has the following characteristics:
250 to 5,000 or more users
Three or more physical locations
Three or more domain controllers
Network services and resources such as messaging, a database, file and print, a proxy server, a firewall, the Internet, an intranet, remote access, and client computer management
Connectivity requirements, such as connecting branch offices and individual users in remote locations to the corporate network and connecting corporate networks to the Internet
Credit Toward Certification
When you pass Exam 83-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring, you complete the requirements for the following certification(s):Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS): Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration Exam 83-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Server Administrator
This Training will Cover
This exam measures your ability to accomplish the technical tasks listed below.The percentages indicate the relative weight of each major topic area on the exam.
Configuring Domain Name System (DNS) for Active Directory (16 percent)
* Configure zones.
* May include but is not limited to: Dynamic DNS (DDNS), Non-dynamic DNS (NDDNS), and Secure Dynamic DNS (SDDNS), Time to Live (TTL), GlobalNames, Primary, Secondary, Active Directory Integrated, Stub, SOA, zone scavenging, forward lookup, reverse lookup
* Configure DNS server settings.
* May include but is not limited to: forwarding, root hints, configure zone delegation, round robin, disable recursion, debug logging, server scavenging
* Configure zone transfers and replication.
* May include but is not limited to: configure replication scope (forestDNSzone, domainDNSzone), incremental zone transfers, DNS Notify, secure zone transfers, configure name servers, application directory partitions
Configuring the Active Directory infrastructure (25 percent)
* Configure a forest or a domain.
* May include but is not limited to: remove a domain, perform an unattended installation, Active Directory Migration Tool (ADMT) v3 (pruning and grafting), raise forest and domain functional levels, interoperability with previous versions of Active Directory, alternate user principal name (UPN) suffix, forestprep, domainprep
* Configure trusts.
* May include but is not limited to: forest trust, selective authentication versus forest-wide authentication, transitive trust, external trust, shortcut trust, SID filtering
* Configure sites.
* May include but is not limited to: create Active Directory subnets, configure site links, configure site link costing, configure sites infrastructure
* Configure Active Directory replication.
* May include but is not limited to: Distributed File System, one-way replication, bridgehead server, replication scheduling, configure replication protocols, force intersite replication
* Configure the global catalog.
* May include but is not limited to: Universal Group Membership Caching (UGMC), partial attribute set, promote to global catalog
* Configure operations masters.
* May include but is not limited to: seize and transfer, backup operations master, operations master placement, Schema Master, extending the schema, time service
Configuring additional Active Directory server roles (9 percent)
* Configure Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service (AD LDS).
* May include but is not limited to: migration to AD LDS, configure data within AD LDS, configure an authentication server, server core, Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V
* Configure Active Directory Rights Management Service (AD RMS).
* May include but is not limited to: certificate request and installation, self-enrollments, delegation, Active Directory Metadirectory Services (AD MDS), Windows Server virtualization
* Configure the read-only domain controller (RODC).
* May include but is not limited to: unidirectional replication, Administrator role separation, read-only DNS, BitLocker, credential caching, password replication, syskey, Windows Server virtualization
* Configure Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
* May include but is not limited to: install AD FS server role, exchange certificate with AD FS agents, configure trust policies, configure user and group claim mapping, Windows Server virtualization
Creating and maintaining Active Directory objects (24 percent)
* Automate creation of Active Directory accounts.
* May include but is not limited to: bulk import, configure the UPN, create computer, user, and group accounts (scripts, import, migration), template accounts, contacts, distribution lists
* Maintain Active Directory accounts.
* May include but is not limited to: configure group membership, account resets, delegation, AGDLP/AGGUDLP, deny domain local group, local versus domain, Protected Admin, disabling accounts versus deleting accounts, deprovisioning, contacts, creating organizational units (OUs), delegation of control
* Create and apply Group Policy objects (GPOs).
* May include but is not limited to: enforce, OU hierarchy, block inheritance, and enabling user objects, Group Policy processing priority, WMI, Group Policy filtering, Group Policy loopback
* Configure GPO templates.
* May include but is not limited to: user rights, ADMX Central Store, administrative templates, security templates, restricted groups, security options, starter GPOs, shell access policies
* Configure software deployment GPOs.
* May include but is not limited to: publishing to users, assigning software to users, assigning to computers, software removal
* Configure account policies.
* May include but is not limited to: domain password policy, account lockout policy, fine-grain password policies
* Configure audit policy by using GPOs.
* May include but is not limited to: audit logon events, audit account logon events, audit policy change, audit access privilege use, audit directory service access, audit object access
Maintaining the Active Directory environment (13 percent)
* Configure backup and recovery.
* May include but is not limited to: using Windows Server Backup, backup files and system state data to media, backup and restore by using removable media, perform an authoritative or non-authoritative Active Directory restore, linked value replication, Directory Services Recovery Mode (DSRM) (reset admin password), back up and restore GPOs
* Perform offline maintenance.
* May include but is not limited to: offline defragmentation and compaction, Restartable Active Directory, Active Directory database storage allocation
* Monitor Active Directory.
* May include but is not limited to: Network Monitor, Task Manager, Event Viewer, ReplMon, RepAdmin, Windows System Resource Manager, Reliability and Performance Monitor, Server Performance Advisor, RSOP
Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services (13 percent)
* Install Active Directory Certificate Services.
* May include but is not limited to: standalone versus enterprise, CA hierarchies—root versus subordinate, certificate requests, certificate practice statement
* Configure CA server settings.
* May include but is not limited to: key archival, certificate database backup and restore, assigning administration roles
* Manage certificate templates.
* May include but is not limited to: certificate template types, securing template permissions, managing different certificate template versions, key recovery agent
* Manage enrollments.
* May include but is not limited to: network device enrollment service (NDES), autoenrollment, Web enrollment, smart card enrollment, creating enrollment agents
Manage certificate revocations.
* May include but is not limited to: configure Online Responders, Certificate Revocation List (CRL), CRL Distribution Point (CDP), Authority Information Access (AIA)
Make The Best Choice Chose - Testkingdom
Make yourself more valuable in today's competitive computer industry Testkingdom's preparation material includes the most excellent features, prepared by the same dedicated experts who have come together to offer an integrated solution. We provide the most excellent and simple method to pass your Microsoft MCTS 83-640 exam on the first attempt "GUARANTEED".
Our Unlimited Access Package will prepare you for your exam with guaranteed results, 83-640 Study Guide. Your exam will download as a single 83-640 PDF or complete 83-640 testing engine as well as over +1500 other technical exam PDF and exam engine downloads. Forget buying your prep materials separately at three time the price of our unlimited access plan - skip the 83-640 audio exams and select the one package that gives it all to you at your discretion: 83-640 Study Materials featuring the exam engine.
Testkingdom 83-640 Exam Prepration Tools
Testkingdom Microsoft MCTS preparation begins and ends with your accomplishing this credential goal. Although you will take each Microsoft MCTS online test one at a time - each one builds upon the previous. Remember that each Microsoft MCTS exam paper is built from a common certification foundation.
83-640 Exam Testing Engines
Beyond knowing the answer, and actually understanding the 83-640 test questions puts you one step ahead of the test. Completely understanding a concept and reasoning behind how something works, makes your task second nature. Your 83-640 quiz will melt in your hands if you know the logic behind the concepts. Any legitimate Microsoft MCTS prep materials should enforce this style of learning - but you will be hard pressed to find more than a Microsoft MCTS practice test anywhere other than Testkingdom.
83-640 Exam Questions and Answers with Explanation
This is where your Microsoft MCTS 83-640 exam prep really takes off, in the testing your knowledge and ability to quickly come up with answers in the 83-640 online tests. Using MCTS 83-640 practice exams is an excellent way to increase response time and queue certain answers to common issues.
83-640 Exam Study Guides
All Microsoft MCTS online tests begin somewhere, and that is what the Microsoft MCTS training course will do for you: create a foundation to build on. Study guides are essentially a detailed Microsoft MCTS 83-640 tutorial and are great introductions to new Microsoft MCTS training courses as you advance. The content is always relevant, and compound again to make you pass your 83-640 exams on the first attempt. You will frequently find these 83-640 PDF files downloadable and can then archive or print them for extra reading or studying on-the-go.
83-640 Exam Video Training
For some, this is the best way to get the latest Microsoft MCTS 83-640 training. However you decide to learn 83-640 exam topics is up to you and your learning style. The Testkingdom Microsoft MCTS products and tools are designed to work well with every learning style. Give us a try and sample our work. You'll be glad you did.
83-640 Other Features
* Realistic practice questions just like the ones found on certification exams.
* Each guide is composed from industry leading professionals real Microsoft MCTS notes, certifying 100% brain dump free.
* Study guides and exam papers are guaranteed to help you pass on your first attempt or your money back.
* Designed to help you complete your certificate using only
* Delivered in PDF format for easy reading and printing Testkingdom unique CBT 83-640 will have you dancing the Microsoft MCTS jig before you know it..
* MCTS 83-640 prep files are frequently updated to maintain accuracy. Your courses will always be up to date.
Get MCTS ebooks from Testkingdom which contain real 83-640 exam questions and answers. You WILL pass your MCTS exam on the first attempt using only Testkingdom's MCTS excellent preparation tools and tutorials.